Well, I know this is really late…
Books Read in February:
- Sacre Bleu
Yet again Christopher Moore has not disapointed with his ability to make me spit my coffee across the room as I’m reading.
Sacre Bleu is a comedy that strives to explain some of the strange characters and events of the 19th century. This laugh out loud novel follows many of the famous French painters and their obsession with the ultramarine paint pigment. Sacre Bleu made me laugh so much that at times I would call my wife to read her a passage. Moore is an elegant wordsmith that I always enjoy and highly recommend.
- The Resilience Handbook
When I heard that this book was essentially a survivors guide to both living completely green and surviving if the world were to end, I knew I would love it.
The Resilience Handbook covers everything from the importance of knowing how to grow your own food and conserve resources, to “re-skilling’, to emergency planning and is full of useful and fascinating information such as that “one ton of recycled plastic saves 5,774 kWh of energy, 16.3 barrels of oil, 98 million BTUs of energy and 30 cubic yards of landfill space”. I found myself fervidly writing notes on anything that I could find.
The book even has a scoring system so that the reader can judge how resilient they already are. Initially I thought I would score high, as I compost, attempt to conserve power and only purchase produce from my local farm…well, I was wrong. With a score embarrassingly below 50%, I learned several ways that I can improve my life and become more resilient.
It is clear from the extremely energetic, almost excited, way that Walker writes that she loves the topic and feels deeply about the knowledge she has so generously shared with the world. I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone who is looking to reduce their carbon footprint, improve their resilience or who just want to see what their options are.
- The Earl and the Artificer: Kara Jorgensen
- A Dirty Job: Christopher Moore
- Words Written: 10,000
- Posts made: 21
- videos made: 2
Other Author updates
- I completed the edits for the publication of the second edition of TCTG which is set to be released on March 25. Pre-order it at the following places.
- Working on Gabrielle #2. I am, I would say about half way through with the second book in the Gabrielle series. I hope to have the first draft completed in April and maybe, if all goes well, I can stay on track with a summer release.
- Started Webley and The World Machine. Webley and The World Machine is a side project I have been working on when I can’t get into the right mind set for Gabrielle. I don’t want to say too much about it yet, but I guess you could say, I’m jumping on the steampunk bandwagon. Keep an eye out for more about Webley in the future!